[Pythonmac-SIG] PythonLauncher replacement for Python 2.4.x universal builds?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 1 23:28:32 CEST 2006

Bob Ippolito wrote:
> On Aug 1, 2006, at 9:58 AM, Christopher Barker wrote:
>>> py2applet -A someapp.py
>>> open someapp.app

> It's only one more step the first time.

Ahh! very good point! In case other readers of this list are as dense as
me (or haven't gone and read the docs) -- A Py2app applet links to the
files used by your app, rather than copying them, so when you make
changes to a file, those changes *will* be seen when you next run the
applet (either on the command line, with "open", or by double clicking).

This appears to solve the OP's issue well.

Of course, this was quite clear in the docs, if I had read them
carefully the first time:

"You only need to run this command again when you add data files or
change options. Changes to your source code won't require rebuilding!"

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov