[Pythonmac-SIG] intel compiler

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Mon Aug 28 22:00:51 CEST 2006

On 28-aug-2006, at 19:42, Perry Smith wrote:

> Perhaps an email to gcc-help would get the info that you need.  I
> could be the go-between but I don't feel like I know enough to
> convey your questions.

IMHO only benchmarks will help us here. At the very minimal I'd like
to know how pystone compares on a python build with the Intel
compiler and the version of GCC that ships with Xcode. If the
difference is significant it could be useful to spent more time on
doing other benchmarks as well and maybe eventually find a way to add
support for the intel compiler to distutils (and if the license
allows that to distribute a universal build of python where the intel
part is build using the intel compiler).

It is pretty unlikely at the moment that I'll do the benchmarking, as
python is fast enough for my needs and I don't have much time to work
on this.

Ronald