[Pythonmac-SIG] intel compiler

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Tue Aug 29 09:09:41 CEST 2006

On 29-aug-2006, at 4:43, Boyd Waters wrote:

> On Aug 28, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:
>
>> IMHO only benchmarks will help us here. At the very minimal I'd like
>> to know how pystone compares on a python build with the Intel
>> compiler and the version of GCC that ships with Xcode.
>
> I could post results, can someone suggest a way to run pystone that
> is meaningful?

Just run it? Python Lib/test/pystone.py, or alternatively python -c
'from test.pystone import *; main()'. You should probably run pystone
several times and report the best version (highest pystones/second
value).

What I'd like to see is the pystone results from both an intel and
gcc compiled version of python from the same python sources and on
the same machine.

Ronald