[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython/Subversion/Apache question

Blake Winton bwinton at latte.ca
Wed Aug 30 18:48:14 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to get Subversion bindings for my installed version of
MacPython (/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/)  This
seems to mean that I want to install Subversion, and if so, I would like
to get it hooked up to Apache so that I can connect to
http://svn.latte.ca/ (or whatever) on my work computer and access my
home repository.

Now, I can install the subversion python bindings using DarwinPorts, but
that won't hook into the Framework version of Python, so I've downloaded
the Subversion 1.3.2 sources, and I can build them, but they complain
about my version of Apache.  Specifically, about apxs being too old.

Do I really need to upgrade apache to Apache 2 to get this all working?

Is there a good way of replacing the default Apache with Apache 2, or is
that a really bad idea because the Software Update will get horribly
confused?

Is there another place I should be asking these questions?

Thanks,
Blake.