[Pythonmac-SIG] importing dynamic library on intelMac

David Worrall vip at avatar.com.au
Tue Aug 29 08:09:25 CEST 2006

Hello All, I'm new here... and to dynamic libraries....

I've compiled a 3rd party's dynamic library ,  libXXX.dylib , a Mach-
O dynamically linked shared library i386
and can't work out where to put it so that I can
 >>> import XXX
is there a special place for such libraries?
I've tried a few things without success. Would someone be kind enough
to put me on the right path -

[do I need to specifically have a dynamic libraries directory in my
$PYTHONPATH for eg, and if so where should it be?]
many thanks,

David
intelMac OS10.4.9
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/python
Python 2.4.3 (#1, Mar 30 2006, 11:02:16) [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Computer,
Inc. build 5250)] on darwin

experimental polymedia:	www.avatar.com.au
Sonic Communications Research Group,
University of Canberra:	 www.canberra.edu.au