[Pythonmac-SIG] controlling iTunes with appscript

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 4 08:37:57 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 07:45:38PM -0800, Craig Amundsen wrote:
> [...]

Yeah, you can't do this.  If you look in the dictionary (for example,
opening it in Script Editor), you'll see:

location (alias, r/o) : the location of the file represented by this track

The location property is read only.

The only way I can think to move files across disks in iTunes and have
the references stay intact is to use the "Consolidate Library"
command.  To do that, reset the iTunes Music Library location
(Preferences > Advanced > General) to where you want the files to go,
then choose "Consolidate Library" from the Advanced menu, and all your
music will move there.

Sorry for giving you advice before checking what you wanted to do was
possible.  That's the second time today I've made that mistake
recently (the other one cost me about 2 hours of trying to compile
Kerberos on AIX today.)

In the strange coincidences category, "Cherry Blossom Girl" just came
on the streaming station I'm listening to.  Scary.

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>