[Pythonmac-SIG] pythonmac packages question

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Thu Dec 7 18:40:14 CET 2006

In article <B94FADCE-B655-49E3-B08D-51776FC35AB2 at cs.hmc.edu>,
 belinda thom <bthom at cs.hmc.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As of my prior post, I was able to get into pythonmac.org.
>
> There I found many of the packages it seems I'll need. I was able to
> install Numeric and WxPython (I chose the later dmg, v 2.7.1.3) and
> matplotlib.
>
> This site has no Tkinter and no IPython packages. Where do MacPython
> people go for such things?

Tkinter is already included with MacPython. It will use the built-in
(crummy) Aqua Tcl/Tk or you can install a newer better version.

ActiveState recently released 8.4.14 as a universal binary (the first
universal binary version), which is handy if you want to redistribute
your code. So far it seems pretty robust, though it does have a few
known bugs.

-- Russell