[Pythonmac-SIG] eggs and extraction

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 02:54:37 CET 2006

belinda thom wrote:
> Now I can't figure out how to access the documentation. Part of the
> problem is that I'm pretty confused about what an egg is (I've
> scanned easy_install and distutil related stuff, but learned little;
> I'm not even sure where to look; Google often brings up content that
> deals w/chicken eggs :-)

The documentation and examples were not included in the binary distribution that
you installed. You can get them from the source distribution.

The first 7 or so hits on a Google search for "python eggs" are all on-topic and
tell you what you want to know about eggs (although they won't tell you where to
get matplotlib documentation and examples).

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco