[Pythonmac-SIG] eggs and extraction

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Dec 11 19:29:33 CET 2006

belinda thom wrote:
> Details: I ran into a problem
> where backend TkAgg and numerix Numeric didn't get along; to the best
> of my knowledge this problem is undocumented;

I don't think I've heard of it -- odd.

 > my stuff worked w/TkAgg
> only after I changed to numerix numpy;

numpy is a better option anyway, unless you need Numeric for legacy code.

> I couldn't get wxPython w/
> matplotlib and WXAgg to work at all].

Darn. Unfortunately, MPL needs to be built with exactly the same version
of wx that you run it with -- we've tried to keep the MPL and wx
packages on pythonmac in sync, but they've gotten messed up. I hope
someone will fix this, I'm not sure when I can, I still haven't set
myself up with universal builds of the dependencies -- Charlie?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov