[Pythonmac-SIG] a beginner's list

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Feb 9 01:52:02 CET 2006

> What I don't see
> any evidence for is them keeping 2.3.5 around as well. What that means
> is that all the packages you have compiled and installed for 2.3.* will
> no longer work.

I agree.  In fact, those extensions won't even be there, because they
are by default installed under /System, so the new OS installation
will remove them just as it will remove 2.3.5.  I don't think this
will disconcert or surprise anyone -- any needed additional packages
will just have to be re-installed.  So what?  Another advantage of
using the pre-supplied version.

> Yes, python-only scripts that use usr/bin/python will
> most likely work, but that's it.

Yep, that's what we're looking for.

Bill