[Pythonmac-SIG] My stab at a new page

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Sat Feb 11 04:39:33 CET 2006

Bill Janssen wrote:

> > Problem with the official Mac-specific modules and documentation is
>> there's quite of stuff in there that hasn't been correct/usable since
>> OS 9. It's just that nobody's gotten around to dealing with
>> it. Experienced users already know which bits to avoid, so there's not
>> huge impetus to clean it out properly. Doesn't mean you want to steer
>> newbies towards it though.
>
>It sounds like we should ask the Python-doc folks to remove the
>Macintosh docs entirely.  Maybe post it with appropriate warnings on
>pythonmac.org instead.

Might be a good idea; there's probably more discouraging cruft than useful stuff in it right now, and it'd probably be quicker to clean it up separately and resubmit afterwards (assuming anything's left:) than submit piles of individual patches against it in-situ.

has
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/