[Pythonmac-SIG] New Page, first proposal

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sat Feb 11 22:03:10 CET 2006

On Feb 11, 2006, at 12:53 PM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> On 10-feb-2006, at 2:56, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>>
>> The extension thing we can hack around by installing two copies of
>> the Makefile and having distutils pick a PPC-only Makefile if it
>> detects 10.3.
>
> I was thinking more along the line of hacking distutils to detect that
> it is running on 10.3 and then removing 10.4+ specific flags (all -
> arch
> flags and the -isysroot thingy) from CFLAGS.

That would work too, but it's probably easier to have a separate
Makefile present because it's easier to implement.

Probably also a bit easier to make work with dumb extensions that
aren't built with distutils (like subversion's Python bindings)..
since they'd just have to add a little conditional to the Makefile-
finding code, rather than re-implementing the flags mangling.