[Pythonmac-SIG] New Page, first proposal

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Sun Feb 12 00:04:43 CET 2006

Ronald Oussoren wrote:

>I'm not so sure if I would like this, that would make it a lot harder  to provide updates to PyObjC for the system version of Python.  Although the "Apple ships my software with the OS"-factor would be  pretty neat :-). On the other hand, I don't use Apple's python much  anyway.

Its value would be as a PR win, like getting a PyObjC article on ADC, and that has practical value all of its own. The technological benefits are minimal-to-none at best; but as you say, who cares? Adds a bit of corporate respectability, provides another route for outsiders to hear about it. It's one more puff to add when singing its praises. I mean, Apple already bundle PerlObjC; you wouldn't want punters getting the impression that PerlObjC possesses something you don't, do you?

has
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/