[Pythonmac-SIG] Debugger

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon Feb 13 18:01:59 CET 2006

On Feb 13, 2006, at 8:44 AM, Ken Brooks wrote:

> Same issue, different topic:  Google "macpython debugger" reveals
> many commentators who revel in the fact that it has one, and no
> info on how to invoke it.  MacPython help has no such topic,
> either.  Where is it documented?

It's not documented, and the PythonIDE has been deprecated for
years.  Don't bother with it, because it's disappearing in the
release anyway since it has no hope of being Intel compatible.

I believe there's a debugger in IDLE, and the one in Wing IDE is
pretty good (but that's a commercial X11 app).  Normally I just use
pdb, which is strictly console based.