[Pythonmac-SIG] Build script for Universal Python

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon Feb 13 19:17:55 CET 2006

On Feb 13, 2006, at 10:11 AM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> On 13-feb-2006, at 1:37, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
>> wonder how hard this is to add to IDLE, or if we can just link to
>> HTML docs.  I'm not personally a big fan of Help Book anyway.
>
> I just read the source for pydoc, we could install the HTML docs in
> Python.framework/Resources/English.lproj/Documentation. Idlelib
> would need a patch to support this location. There's already
> specific configuration for windows and linux in there (in
> idlelib.EditorWindow)

That sounds fine, we're going to be making a couple IDLE hacks anyway.

> I just remembered something else that needs to be done some time:
> create better icons, it's time to leave the 10 ton weight behind
> (or at the very least the current rendition of it). I won't do this
> though, given my skills in that deparment the icons would get worse
> instead of better.

That's a good idea, but last I tried to get one of my friends to do
something about that it turned out to be "too realistic".  I'm not
going to bother wasting anyone else's time.

BTW, I've moved the repository to:
http://svn.pythonmac.org/python24/python24-fat/

I also set up a little trac instance:
http://trac.pythonmac.org/python24