[Pythonmac-SIG] Build script for Universal Python

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Feb 14 03:58:44 CET 2006

On Feb 13, 2006, at 10:11 AM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> On 13-feb-2006, at 1:37, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
>> On Feb 12, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:
>>
>>> 8. The Python documentation is no longer installed as a help book.
>>
>> I wonder how hard this is to add to IDLE, or if we can just link
>> to HTML docs.  I'm not personally a big fan of Help Book anyway.
>
> I just read the source for pydoc, we could install the HTML docs in
> Python.framework/Resources/English.lproj/Documentation. Idlelib
> would need a patch to support this location. There's already
> specific configuration for windows and linux in there (in
> idlelib.EditorWindow)
>
> I just remembered something else that needs to be done some time:
> create better icons, it's time to leave the 10 ton weight behind
> (or at the very least the current rendition of it). I won't do this
> though, given my skills in that deparment the icons would get worse
> instead of better.

It looks like if we put it here:

	dochome =  os.path.join(sys.prefix, 'Doc', 'index.html')

Which translates to:

	/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/Doc/index.html

Then the right thing will happen.  The problem is that the docs are
separate, so it'll be yet another hack in the build script to fetch
this:

	http://python.org/ftp/python/doc/2.4.2/html-2.4.2.zip

And then unzip it such that Python-Docs-2.4.2 ends up at os.path.join
(sys.prefix, 'Doc')  (either by symlink or rename).