[Pythonmac-SIG] Build script for Universal Python

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Wed Feb 15 02:12:41 CET 2006

On Feb 14, 2006, at 5:01 PM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> As I already replied off-list, I don't like this picture at all. It
> is a lot
> less tastefull than the icon on Bob's website (which I do like).
> The only reason
> for having a discussion about the icon anyway is that some people
> claim that
> a photo-realistic snake-related image will scare some users away.

Yes, I posted it in the heat of discussion, never a good idea; and
after that off-list reply, since my (oversize) image message was
tangled in the queue, I tried to withdraw it, but apparently
couldn't. I apologize.

As for "taste," non est disputandum. Still, I agree. I think a 16-ton
weight (whose major appearance  in M. Python, as I recall, was to
crush Arthur Pewty as retribution for being too much of a wimp to go
back into the marriage counselor's office and stop him from carrying
on with his, A.P.'s wife) is more tasteful. In any case, the last
thing we need is PETA after us all.

;), or something

Charles