[Pythonmac-SIG] Pythonw and VPython and Fink

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Wed Feb 15 05:58:51 CET 2006

On 14-Feb-06, at 1:28 PM, Matthias Milczynski wrote:
> I assume that the solution of this problem would be to somehow get a
> fink-based pythonw, but this seems to be not avaiable.
> Can anybody help me with this?

I think the solution is for VPython to be ported to Aqua instead of
using X11 (so it can use regular OS X Python, not Fink, among other
good things).  Unfortunately the times I've tried to take this on,
the VPython build system has thwarted me.  Periodically I make time
to try again, because I'd really like to have VPython, but refuse to
install Fink again.

--Dethe

Every day computers are making people easier to use. --David Tompkin