[Pythonmac-SIG] Download page on www.python.org now updated

Keith Ray keith.ray at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 05:19:07 CET 2006

the readme that comes with the downloaded disk image from this URL:
  http://python.org/ftp/python/2.4.1/MacPython-OSX-2.4.1-1.dmg
says

  "This package will install MacPython 2.4.1 for Mac OS X 10.3."

but the link is supposed to be the installer for 10.4 according to ...

  "On Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), download and run this installer (which gives
  you a PPC-only version of Python 2.4.1)"

On 2/22/06, Bill Janssen <janssen at parc.com> wrote:
> OK, the new downloads page is now in place on python.org, at
> http://www.python.org/download/download_mac.html.
>
> Thanks to Skip for moving the bits!
>
> Bill
>
> > > I was wondering if following the instructions on this page
> > > http://bill.janssen.org/mac/new-macpython-page.html
> >
> > Clearly past time to move this to python.org :-).  I'll take care of
> > that.
> >
> > Bill

C. Keith Ray