[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython documentation and webpages

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 5 00:02:50 CET 2006

Bob Ippolito wrote:
> There's already two relevant wikis (python.org, pythonmac.org), what
> would a CMS do differently?

What it might to differently is make it easier to maintain the main
front-page web site, but I don't think we need it.

Bob,

Are you the webmaster of pythonmac.org? If so, how is that page
produced? is it static html?

If so, are you open to replacing it with a page that is better suited as
the primary Front-End to the Python-on-OS-X world? I think that's the
best place for it. python.org only has a very simple page for each
platform, it's fine as it is, if pythonmac.org had a better page

If you'd like to see it improved, there seems to be some interest in
this group in doing the work.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov