[Pythonmac-SIG] Newbie troubles with MacPython 2.4.1 / Tiger 10.4.3

U n d e r a c h i e v e r takeme2your at rocketmail.com
Thu Jan 5 18:18:12 CET 2006

On 3/1/06 23:01, in article A34546EF-9909-4BB7-867F-313F5834B14E at redivi.com,
"Bob Ippolito" <bob at redivi.com> wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2006, at 1:27 PM, Mark Asbach wrote:
>
>> I started with a iMac G5 with all Apple updates installed. Then I
>> installed MacPython-OSX-2.4.1-1, directly after that I installed the
>> TigerPython24Fix-r2. Then I started up the PackageManager and tried
>> to get those modules that I need. I successfully installed PIL-1.1.5-
>> binary, but when I tried to install numarray-1.2.3-binary, the
>> install failed. Now there's an incomplete numarray on my disk that
>> fails to import into python2.4 with the error "no module named
>> numarrayall".
>
> PackageManager is no longer supported, don't use it.  There's some
> precompiled packages at http://pythonmac.org/packages/

I've found using darwinports, rather than Apple's bundled, python gives me
access to the darwinports packages for python. Very handy. But lacking a few
'maccy' things like the objectiveC module.

To install, use the downloads/instructions here:
http://darwinports.org
A handy list of python modules is here:
http://python.darwinports.com/

I like it, YMMV.