[Pythonmac-SIG] Best site to get Numeric and wxPython for new Tiger 10.4 install?

Kevin Ollivier kevino at theolliviers.com
Wed Jan 11 22:06:19 CET 2006

Hi Louis,

On Jan 11, 2006, at 12:09 PM, Louis Pecora wrote:

> I just upgraded to Tiger (archive and install) and need to reinstall
> some of the Python packages.  Googling shows many sites some of which
> are outdated, some ... who knows?
>
> What are the best sites to use to install Numeric and wxPython which
> will be used with the stock, Apple-installed Python?

First, install Bob's TigerPython23Compat fix from here:

http://undefined.org/python/

Then, for wxPython, just go to the wxPython.org downloads page. The
binary says it's for Panther, but it really should say "Panther and
up". I'm not sure about the best way to get Numeric for 2.3, so I'll
leave that question to someone else.

Kevin