[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem with applets on MacPython

Nathaniel Rhein nutbut at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 21:43:22 CET 2006

I know it'd be better to post this to a primarily MacPython group, but this
is pretty much all I could find for Python.
I'm very novice as far as programming languages go; basically I leanred
Basic a while back and now, wanting to get into a more advanced langage,
chose Python. I really don't know much about how languages work with
operating systems (if you download just Python — not MacPython — for OS X
you get a whole bunch of strange folders and files with Terminal icons), or
any of that stuff, so I'm trying to start out pretty small. My problem right
now is simply that whenever I build a simple program I have made in
MacPython into an applet — from PythonIDE, BuildApplet, or py2app, — it
never works. I open it up and it quits right away, without even an error
message. I'm using ridiculously small programs (1-10 lines or so), and I
don't know of anything else to do. Does anyone know how to fix this problem,
or if I'm barking up the wrong tree, a better starting point for wanting to
learn programming? Or is this just entirely the wrong place to ask?
--
-Nat

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak out and remove all
doubt."
-Abraham Lincoln