[Pythonmac-SIG] Building multiple command-line( ( CLI ) programs with py2app

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sat Jan 14 22:33:08 CET 2006

Given the current implementation, I would build one application that
takes the action name as the first argument.  This would be similar
in style to something like subversion "svn update", "svn commit" or
distutils "setup.py install", "setup.py build", etc.

One huge advantage to this approach is that the command with no
arguments (or help as an argument) can list all of the things you can
do with the tool, where 30 commands would get easily lost amongst the
bin folder, or even conflict with some other tool.

-bob