[Pythonmac-SIG] Newbie environment questions

Louis Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Jan 17 19:14:01 CET 2006

Ken,

Chris gave some good advice there on reload and iPython.  You can also
run python from inside some code editors.  I use BBEdit (a full featured
code editor for $), but plenty of people use TextWrangler (free little
brother of BBEdit).  You edit the code, select run from a menu (I
usually set cmd-R to do that) and you pop over to the Terminal with
python and your module launched.  Quite fast.  You can close the
Terminal window and jump right back to the editor to change things.  I
find it a nice way to develop in Python.

--
Cheers,

Lou Pecora

Code 6362