[Pythonmac-SIG] appscript: selecting many songs in iTunes

Niko Matsakis niko at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jan 18 16:20:21 CET 2006

> Still sounds very slow. What OS & iTunes versions; how big's the
> playlist and what % is duplicates? I mocked up a 550-item playlist
> containing 500 duplicates and my script took 50 secs to get through
> that (iTunes 6.0.1; OS 10.4.3); 10 secs if I close the playlist
> window first so iTunes doesn't have to update that each time.

It's not a playlist, the script is running across the entire iTunes
library of many gigabytes.

> What you mean by 'handles'?

I meant what you get when you do something like app('iTunes').library
['playlist'].tracks.filter (its.database_ID=someid).get().  Sorry for
my inaccurate terminology.  I suspect what I saw was an individual
apple event timing out.

Niko