[Pythonmac-SIG] Resource forks and HFS-metadata

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Wed Jan 18 16:52:11 CET 2006

Am 2006-01-18 um 02:01 schrieb Dimi Shahbaz:

> My program deals with zip transferring archives.  I'm curious as to
> whether Python (namely the 'zip' and 'zipfile') modules can be made
> to be aware of resource forks and HFS-metadata?  Or is this a
> limitation of the zip format itself?  According to this (old) hint:

I experienced that the zipfile module doesn't work at all (at least
in Python 2.3); the files were often broken (i.e. no other zip
program could open them), and it couldn't handle a lot of zip files
by other apps.
AFAIK the only *known* limitation is with really huge files, though.

Thus I always use an external app for archive handling, even if I
don't like that approach.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/