[Pythonmac-SIG] MySQLdb lib help

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Wed Jan 18 20:28:15 CET 2006

In article <2EA4643A-F98F-40ED-AC55-E5150A3DFB5B at utoronto.ca>,
 David Warde-Farley <david.warde.farley at utoronto.ca> wrote:

> The MySQLdb module doesn't come standard. And seeing as how I can't
> get it to build properly with Apple's Python (and Apple's Python is
> kind of icky anyway), here's the rundown:
>
> Firstly, you'll probably want to install Python 2.4 from http://
> undefined.org/python/, and the Tiger fix....

Could you expand on "Apple's Python is   kind of icky anyway"? The
python 2.3 that came with MacOS X 10.3 works fine for me (including with
3rd party libraries); did it go downhill on 10.4?

I don't mean to argue, I'm just curious. Python 2.4 has some nifty
enhancements (though if you're going to share your code widely you might
want to wait to use them until 2.4 becomes better established).

-- Russell