[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac Python and eggs...

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Jan 23 23:21:59 CET 2006

Bob Ippolito wrote:
> Eggs and Cheese Shop already have that problem way solved.
>
> python setup.py register sdist bdist_egg upload -s
>
> That will register your package on Cheese Shop, build the egg and
> source distro, and upload it to Cheese Shop with GPG signatures.

Does the egg itself get put on cheeseshop? I just searched cheeseshop
for a few packages I often use (NumPy, PIL, matplotlib). They all had
links to a download page, but nothing there, and those download pages
had the usual assortment of tarball, windows installers, etc (including
some eggs).

Frankly, that doesn't do any more for me than Google, at least for
packages I already know the name of.

What that tells me is that there is a need for an OS-X package (or egg)
repository on pythonmac.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov