[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac Python and eggs...

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Jan 24 18:12:00 CET 2006

Charlie Moad wrote:

> I just thought I would mention that you don't see the mpl eggs on
> cheeseshop for a reason.  The download url is set to mpl's sf files
> page.  Setuptools is smart enough to look at cheeseshop and see the
> download url and then find the correct egg from there, hence
> 'easy_install matplotlib' works.  Sorry if I misinterpreted your post.

No, you didn't misinterpret my post, but according to Bob, you could
easily upload the eggs directly to cheeseshop -- why not do that?

Another issue is that the Cheeseshop interface could use some work, as
it wasn't the least bit clear that that magic could occur.

And the third, is that on the sourceforge download page, I didn't see an
OS-X egg. I was about to poke through the MPL list and see what you said
about this, but I guess I'll just try:  'easy_install matplotlib' and
see what happens.

This is all a bit of a mess now, but it looks very promising, and I
think Bob has convinced me: For any package I need, I'll try to build an
egg, and try to get it uploaded to cheeseshop.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov