[Pythonmac-SIG] ANN: ActivePython 2.4.2.10 is now available

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Wed Jan 25 01:49:22 CET 2006

[Kent Quirk wrote]
> In the hopes of avoiding some redundant work...I happen to be sitting in
> a workshop at the Apple campus as I speak, and one of the Apple
> engineers here has just modified the Apple 2.3.5 build system to work
> with 2.4.2, and to build a Universal version of Python 2.4.2. I haven't
> run a full suite of tests, but it does appear to work.
>
> He has promised that he's going to post those changes to the
> pythonmac.org wiki Real Soon Now, hopefully today.

Good to hear.

> There is a problem with it, which is that it builds into
> /System/Library/Frameworks. I've sent him email asking for that to
> change, but I don't know where that will end up.

Probably a patch to python/Mac/OSX/Makefile changing the value of
"prefix".

Or, actually (slowly remembering), I believe you can set that with the
"./configure --prefix" option.

Trent

--
Trent Mick