[Pythonmac-SIG] LaunchServices and (appscript and) Intel Mac?

Ryan Wilcox ryanwilcox at mac.com
Mon Jan 30 20:39:38 CET 2006

Hello all,

I wanted to get appscript up and running on my Intel mac. I installed Tiger23Compat.pkg, and Python23Compat, which installed LaunchServices.

Now I do a
$ pythonw
>>> from appscript import *

>>> from appscript import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/Library/Python/2.3/site-packages/appscript/__init__.py", line 15, in ?
    from findapp import ApplicationNotFoundError
  File "/Library/Python/2.3/site-packages/appscript/findapp.py", line 9, in ?
    from LaunchServices.Launch import LSFindApplicationForInfo
  File "/platlib/LaunchServices/Launch.py", line 1, in ?
ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Python/2.3/_Launch.so, 2): no suitable image found.  Did find:
        /Library/Python/2.3/_Launch.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Is there somewhere I acquire the LaunchServices code and run python setup.py install myself, or is it harder than that?

(Or am I totally on the wrong track for Intel?)

Thanks so much,
_Ryan Wilcox

--
Wilcox Development Solutions:          <http://www.wilcoxd.com>
Toolsmiths for the Internet Age            PGP: 0x2F4E9C31