[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app 0.3 stable?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Tue Jan 31 11:35:30 CET 2006

On 31-jan-2006, at 11:27, Justin Mitchell wrote:

> On 1/31/06, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 31-jan-2006, at 5:49, Justin Mitchell wrote:
>>
>>> Anyways, I'm running into this error when trying to run the
>>> application (which was packaged with py2app 0.2). The script
>>> works if
>>> I don't package it. No changes were made from the ppc version.
>>>
>>>     import pcapy
>>> ImportError: dlopen(/path/to/myapplication.app/Contents/Resources/
>>> Python/lib-dynload/pcapy.so,
>>> 2): no suitable image found.  Did find:
>>>       /path/to/myapplication.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib-
>>> dynload/
>>> pcapy.so:
>>> mach-o, but wrong architecture
>>
>> What is the output of "file /path/to/myapplication.app/Contents/
>> Resources/Python/lib-dynload/pcapy.so"? And
>> what is the output of "file /path/to/myapplication.app/Contents/
>> MacOS/
>> myapplication"?
>
> file pcapy.so:
> pcapy.so: Mach-O bundle i386
>
> file myapplication.so:
> myapplication: setuid Mach-O executable ppc

Note that the application is a ppc executable and the extensions is
for i386. That won't work :-)

>> Did you package the application on PPC or did you rebuild the
>> application bundle on Intel? If the latter,
>> did you rebuild the py2app application stub binary?
>
> I packaged the application on the Intel iMac. I installed py2app from
> scratch, using the 0.2 source.

That's the problem. Go to py2app/src/py2app/apptemplate and remove
prebuild/main. Then reinstall
py2app from source. There's also a bundletemplate, remove the files
in its prebuild directory as
well if you want to build plugin bundles.

Ronald