[Pythonmac-SIG] Embedding MacPython in Matlab via mex file

Paul Jager pdj at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 6 12:48:01 CEST 2006

Hello Barry

I found in google a forum post you submitted to MacPython about using
a framework in MATLAB, and i thought id risk emailing you i hope you
dont mind and if so my apologies.

I am not very up with "real programming" as I am an engineering
student, but part of my project requires me to use a sound device in
matlab, and im using a mac... a major issue because the useful and
simplest soultion is to use DAQ toolbox of MATLAB problem is they
dont have a version for mac for some ridiculous reason. So i need to
work out my own solution... all i want to do is access the sound
device (an 8 in/out audio interface im using for multi microphone
array testing). So i worked out a mex file is required to access core
audio somehow... but i need to compile a mex that uses the core audio
frameworks... i dont know how that is done and saw your problem was
similar (wanting to use framework for python?) Did you solve that,
and if so how does one link to external frameworks such as the apple
C frameworks for things like CoreAudio etc to make a mex file in MATLAB?

Cheers
Paul