[Pythonmac-SIG] build matplotlib on 10.3.9 without a bus error?

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Fri Jul 7 01:37:57 CEST 2006

In article <44AD9605.7050100 at kevin-walzer.com>,
 Kevin Walzer <kw at kevin-walzer.com> wrote:

>...FYI, I have a "fat" build of Tk Aqua 8.4.12 here:
>
> http://tk-components.sourceforge.net/installer/index.html
>
> As far as I know, this is the only "universal" package in distribution.
> ActiveState ships separate builds for PPC and Intel (some of the
> extension packages are hard to build universally), and Daniel Steffen
> has not updated his distribution for nearly a year.

I believe Daniel Steffen is leaving distribution toActiveState now.
(Fine with me--it's easier to have one official distribution, and Daniel
is doing wonders fixing Aqua Tcl/Tk bugs).

I recently heard from Jeff Griffiths of ActiveState that the next
distribution of Tcl/Tk will be a universal binary. (I don't know
anything else, such as when that might appear.)

Sorry to hear that you've had trouble with py2app with your version. I
found 8.4.12 mouse coordinates were sometimes wrong (especially under
emulation on an Intel Mac) and 8.4.13 also has this issue (including on
PPC) so I've personally been sticking with 8.4.11.

I hope your issues with py2app and universal Tcl/Tk get resolved.

-- Russell