[Pythonmac-SIG] Errors in Numpy running matplotlib

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 14 20:36:04 CEST 2006

James Kebinger wrote:
> Thanks for responding. Every library I'm using came prebuild from
> http://www.pythonmac.or/packages/py24-fat/index.html. I don't know who
> built them or when.

Nor do I, but I'm having the same problem as you with them, on a PC Mac.
So I'm working on re-building it.

> It would indeed be nice for the repository to host a set of
> libraries that work together.

Yes, we need to be careful about that. maybe .eggs would work better, as
I think they can check dependencies, but mpkgs are so easy to build and
install.

> I'd be happy to lend a hand in this if there
> are directions for building the universal binaries and installers.

It's quite easy, at least when everything "just works".

1) Make sure you have the universal build Python

2) get Py2App (from that same site)

3) % bdist_mpkg  ( in the directory where the setup.py for your package
lives ).

Then look in the "dist" directory for the mpkg.

Matplotlib is trickier, as it requires all sorts of dependencies, both
Python packages and not. And as you've seen, the versions have to match.

I'm working on it now. I have a written up what I've done in the past,
it's in the MPL package you can find on pythonmac.org for OS-X 10.9 and
Python 2.3.5

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov