[Pythonmac-SIG] how big is fat?

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Sat Jul 15 22:41:25 CEST 2006

On Jul 15, 2006, at 2:05 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

>> Says universal here, don't know what the problem is with your app. It
>> does strangely enough default to open using Rosetta though, no idea
>> why it's doing that.
>
> Looks like I had set LSPrefersPPC to True by default. If you want
> apps to run natively by default you can set that to False in the
> plist, patch your py2app, or wait for the next release.

Great -- I put this into the plist = dict( . . . ) in my setup.py,
and that makes the app show up Universal in Get Info. Peculiarly,
though, in Get Info the option "Open using Rosetta" is checked by
default. When I uncheck that, I do seem to get a speed gain that
might indicate native operation. Is there another way of doing this
-- I can't see anything else in Info.plist that looks right. Or is it
some system setting I've got that's weird?