[Pythonmac-SIG] [Numpy-discussion] Packaging numpy with py2app

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 19 00:48:14 CEST 2006

Josh Marshall wrote:
> However, I can't figure out how to copy resources in the recipe. It
> seems in recipes, you can return in the dict: packages, flatpackages,
> filters, loader_files, and prescripts. Could you enlighten me on the use
> of each of these?

I wonder what the plan should be for recipes for MPL and the like. As
Bob mentioned, perhaps it's best for the developer to find a way to
manually include what they want, as there is a LOT of stuff in MPL (and
certainly SciPy!) and much of will not be used by a given application.

It seems the only way to make a recipe that is useful would be for it to
include EVERYTHING. That may not be a bad default, but there should
certainly be a way to turn it off if need be.

Is there an incantation to turn off a recipe?

Also, I got a numpy app to work yesterday by using:

packages=['numpy']

That then includes the entire numpy package. That works, but it puts in
a lot of stuff I don't need (dft, linear_algebra, etc). Maybe the recipe
should include only the core stuff, and let the user add the extra
packages, if need be.

Or should numpy be fixed so that it doesn't do weird imports?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov