[Pythonmac-SIG] ctypes for Intel-base Macs?

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Thu Jul 20 22:22:32 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get ctypes working on my new Macbook Pro under Python 2.4.
  It works under Python 2.5beta, so I assume the porting work has been
done somewhere, but does not work with the downloadable version of
ctypes (libffi won't build):

 > configure: error: "libffi has not been ported to i686-apple-darwin8.7.1."

I've tried getting libffi via darwinports, but it reports the same error:

 > configure: error: libffi has not been ported to i386-apple-darwin8.7.1.

I've tried to find the libffi shared library in Python2.5 to see if I
could build ctypes around that, but all I could find was _ctypes.so.
Maybe I could build around that, but I don't know what pieces I need to
copy over.

Any ideas for how I can get a working ctypes under 2.4 would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--Dethe