[Pythonmac-SIG] problem installing TigerPython24Fix

IloChab ilochab at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 22:14:10 CEST 2006

I'm absolutely new in the mac's world.
I just bought a MacBook.
I'am trying to install Python 2.4 on it apart to the preinstalled 2.3
version.

I read on the net that I'd to install first
Universal-MacPython-2.4.3-2006-04-07.dmg
and then to patch it with TigerPython24Fix-r2

Python 2.4 's installation was good but when I try to install
TigerPython24Fix-r2.mpkg I get an error during the phase in which you
have to choose the target hd.
The HD icon has a red esclamation mark on it and the error says:

Non puoi installare TigerPython24Fix-r2 su questo volume.
Assicurati che il tuo sistema possieda i requisiti necessari.

that means something like:

You can't install TigerPython24Fix-r2 on this volume.
Be sure you have the needed rights.

I can't realize the nature of the problem.
The disk is not full
I tried everything logged as root to avoid owner rights problems.

Could it be something related to the Intel core of my Mac?
On the page from where I downloaded the fix
http://pythonmac.org/packages/legacy.html
they say:

Mac OS X 10.4 (Python 2.4.1 framework build, PPC ONLY)

Has it anything to do with my problem?

PERHAPS I DO NOT HAVE to install this fix on my Mac?
Is everything ok with just Universal-MacPython-2.4.3-2006-04-07.dmg alone?

Please HELP.

Licia