[Pythonmac-SIG] problem installing Python Image Library 2nd Post

Jörg Kantel kantel at mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de
Thu Jul 27 12:09:52 CEST 2006

Hi Larry,

Am 26.07.2006 um 17:17 schrieb Larry Meyn:
> You can go to the folder /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
> Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages, select the PIL folder, go
> to the file menu and select "Get Info".  There is a section for
> "Ownership & Permissions" with a subsection "Details" that you may
> have to expand.  Here you can change the owner to your account and
> set access to "Read & Write" for owner and group, "Read" for
> others.  You will probably have to click the lock icon and enter
> you password to make these changes.  Do a "Get Info" on the folder
> again and click the button to apply permissions to folder contents.

I tried it and now it works. Many thanks.

> I didn't have any issues either on my old machine which only has me
> as an admin.  However, on a new machine of mine their are two admin
> accounts, mine (lmeyn) and another (macadmin).  PIL seems to get
> installed with restricted access and with access only for the other
> account only, for example:

That's maybe what happend to me. I also have had no problems to
install PIL at my machines at home (with only me as admin). But here
in the Institute there are at least two admins at every machine.

Once again: Many thanks
J"org

--
J"org Kantel                <kantel at mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de>
Max-Planck-Institute for the History of Science