[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app question: path to included python

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 6 18:17:17 CEST 2006

Russell E. Owen wrote:
> When using py2app to create an application, is there a simple way to get
> the path to the copy of python that is/will be bundled into the
> application?
>
> (I need this to copy in some matploblit data files)

I'm pretty sure there is a standard place in an App bundle that data
files are supposed to go. It would be nice to use that place, and point
MPL to it, rather than using a path relative to the python interpreter.
With any luck, we could get the same approach to work with py2exe also.

Both py2app and py2exe use set a "frozen" attribute in the sys module,
so you can detect at runtime it you're running inside a bundle:

http://pythonmac.org/wiki/FAQ#head-fda52eabc4c64a21d7044d62a49319a7c85faca9

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov