[Pythonmac-SIG] with libraries compiled with intel compilers, intel libguide.dylib not included

Dan White dan at chalkie.org.uk
Thu Jun 15 10:38:01 CEST 2006

On 15 Jun 2006, at 10:55, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> On 15-jun-2006, at 9:28, Dan White wrote:
>

>> So yes there are some DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH suff set.
>>
>> Maybe therein lies the problem...?
>> Python probably doesn't know about that stuff?
>
> That might be the problem, and seems to indicate that Intel does
> something completely wrong. Any use of the DYLD_* variables in a
> production environment is an indication that something fishy is
> going on. Unlike linux executables on osx contain the full path to
> libraries they link to. If DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is needed the compiler
> doesn't include the full path to some libraries that are needed. It
> should be possible to teach py2app/macholib about this "feature" of
> the intel compiler, but you'll probably have to do that yourself.
>
> Ronald

Maybe since these are free testing compilers, bets version s
essentially ... I should  tell intel and they might even fix it!

thanks for looking at it anyway Ronald

cheers

Dan

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Bioimaging Coordinator
Nanoscience Centre and Department of Biological and Environmental
Sciences
Division of Molecular Recognition
Ambiotica C242
PO Box 35