[Pythonmac-SIG] with libraries compiled with intel compilers, intel libguide.dylib not included

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Jun 21 08:29:14 CEST 2006

On 20-jun-2006, at 23:32, Dan White wrote:

> what should i rewrite it to be?
> using
> install_name_tool -id   ?
> what would make pyapp automatically copy the library and rewrite
> the install_name?

If I understand things correctly the install_name of libguide.dylib
is currently just libguide.dylib, whereas it should be /path/to/
libguide.dylib. The install_name is copied into any objects that link
to the library (which is what you get to see when you use otool -vL).

If the install_name of a linked-to library points to a library that
py2app can find at that location that library will be copied into the
application bundle and it's install_name gets rewritten to something
relative to the executable in the application bundle.

Now that I think a bit more about this issue, it might be possible to
solve this using a py2app recipe. I don't really have time to work on
this, even though I'd love to play with the Intel compiler to see if
that would speed up Python.

Ronald