[Pythonmac-SIG] python 2.5b1

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Jun 21 10:42:41 CEST 2006

Python 2.5b1 was released today, get it while it's hot:

        <http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5/>

Of particular interest to the mac community:

* Includes the new icons

* universal binary

* IDLE L&F sucks less, you'll even be able to use IDLE as the default editor for .py/.pyw files (double-clicking works)

There are some issues with this release in combination with 10.3.9, sadly enough I had some hardware problems with my 10.3 capable box and wasn't able to fix those problems (or even test on 10.3.9) until it was too late. Please build from source when you're running 10.3 for now, these issues will be resolved before the next beta.

Ronald