[Pythonmac-SIG] Universal binary build of py2app application won't run on 10.3.9

Michael Glassford glassfordm at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 19:02:04 CEST 2006

I've built a universal binary build of an application that runs great on
    the Tiger machines that I've tested it on (both PowerPC and Intel).
However, when I try to run it on PowerPC 10.3.9 (which I've been led to
believe should work from comments in the PyObjC svn log), I get this error:

"""
ImportError: Failure linking new module: /usr/lib/libbz2.1.0.dylib:
dyld: /Volumes/GoombahDisk/Goombah.app/Contents/MacOS/Goombah can't open
library: /usr/lib/libbz2.1.0.dylib  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
"""

When I investigate, /usr/lib/libbz2.1.0.dylib is present on the Tiger
machine I've checked but not on the Panther machine where I'm having the
problem, so that makes sense. The application does in fact use the bzip2
library; the error happens on an "import bz2" statement. And Py2App
py2app is including bz2.so in
MyApp.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib-dynload. But apparently bz2.so
links to /usr/lib/libbz2.1.0.dylib.

The question is, how do I get py2app to include the necessary files to
eliminate this dependency? Or what else can I do?

Mike