[Pythonmac-SIG] Universal binary build of py2app application won't run on 10.3.9

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Jun 28 22:00:59 CEST 2006

On 28-jun-2006, at 20:56, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> It's not really trivial, but it's the only option you have unless
> someone else does it first. It sounds like Ronald will probably
> create another 2.4.3 installer in the future that fixes this and a
> few other issues, but I don't know when he'll get around to it (if
> ever, I don't speak for his free time).

I'm doing this in my free time, I'm hoping to do a new release before
2.4.4 gets out but don't promise anything.

> In your situation, I would just give up on 10.3 users until the issue
> with Python is resolved (which is either going to happen when 2.5
> comes out, or when the 2.4.3 installer gets updated).

And if you want support for 10.3 actually testing the 2.5 installer
would be nice. I do some testing on 10.3, but as all my systems run
10.4 and I don't have a business-need for supporting 10.3 it doesn't
get a much attention as it should.

To do that you'll have to build it from source on a 10.4.x system
with xcode 2.3 and the 10.4u SDK installed. Just run Mac/BuildScript/
build-installer.py to create a dmg containing the installer.

Ronald