[Pythonmac-SIG] NSUserDefaults causes crash on MOSXI

Zachery Bir zbir at urbanape.com
Wed Mar 1 17:32:11 CET 2006

Can someone help me read this Crash log?

I reduced a bug I was seeing down to a reproduceable minimum:

   <http://www.urbanape.com/downloads/TestUserDefaults.zip>

This has two PyObjC apps: TestUserDefaults, and TestUserDefaults-
Working. The only difference between the two being the following
lines in the former's init method:

   NSUserDefaults.resetStandardUserDefaults()
   self.sud = NSUserDefaults.standardUserDefaults()

At this point, the app crashes on Mac OS X Intel. It runs fine on my
iMac G5 at home. Both are running Ronald's new Universal 2.4.2
Python, and each is running SVN trunk PyObjC. I wasn't able to get
PyObjC built using the AUTO_UNIVERSAL (it fails trying to find some
temp directory in /private/tmp), so each is building apps native to
its processor.

The crash log is located here:

   <http://www.urbanape.com/downloads/
TestUserDefaultsAppDelegate.crash.log>