[Pythonmac-SIG] Download page on www.python.org now updated

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Fri Mar 3 01:11:38 CET 2006

> Of course, if you do so and say the issue is settled, I'm going to be
> more than a little upset because I was asked to look into generating
> an icon, I have done so and even found someone who has already done
> some initial work on it, and I'm going to have to tell this person to
> scrap their work simply because you guys are impatient. We're not
> working on your dime, you know. You and Chris asked for a favor and I
> agreed, and in fact I put a fair amount of time into researching what
> was out there and finally found someone interested a few days ago,
> but then when I can't produce something for you at lightning speed
> you just want to say forget it? I mean, seriously, you can't wait a
> few weeks on changing an icon that has been used for what, almost a
> decade?

Kevin,

I can't speak for Ron or W.R., but for my part, I'm perfectly willing
to wait and see what you come up with -- I think the ideas you floated
are interesting, I appreciate the work you are doing on this front,
and I've got no vested interest in the snake-around-the-apple logo.  I
just found it on the pythonmac.org wiki, and slapped it into the
download page.  Happy to change it to something else, too -- no great
amount of effort required.

I *am* interested in getting rid of the 16-ton weight, though.

Bill