[Pythonmac-SIG] Icons for universal build (was: Download page on www.python.org now updated)

Brendan Simons brendansimons at yahoo.ca
Sun Mar 5 01:36:01 CET 2006

I spent about 5 hours today drawing up my own icon idea, but my poor
illustrator skills thwarted my attempts (Corel, why hast thy forsaken
the mac?)

Instead, I'm endorsing the official icon route.  I've made a first
cut here:
Python Documents:  http://twototango.blogs.com/PythonDocument.icns
Python Launcher:  http://twototango.blogs.com/PythonLauncher.icns
Idle: http://twototango.blogs.com/Idle.icns

There's a bunch I'd like to do still:
  - Rebuild them with a high res copy of the official logo
  - Make low-res versions
  - Tint .py files different than .pyc and .pyo so they are easier to
pick out of a folder
  - Add the code lines to the Python Documents icons
  - Find a better "floating slab" for the python launcher icon.  I
know Apple uses one I can crib somewhere

I've run out of time now though.  I can follow through later if
there's interest from this group.

    -Brendan